I love fitness expos
I found so many cool and innovative new pieces of fitness equipment at the IHRSA 2017 fitness expo in Los Angeles this spring. It's one of the biggest fitness equipment trade shows in North America. The annual expo is where decision makers and influencers gather each year to shop for equipment for their gyms, rec centers, hotels, schools etc...
I throw on my active gear and hit the trade show floor as a fitness junkie/journalist with the goal of having nothing but pure fun. It's one of my favorite days of the year and I get to play on all the newest innovations in fitness equipment and gear.
Each year I fall in love with a few new things. Here I share three fresh additions to my home gym wishlist.
Softbells by Hyperwear
The bells of these dumbbells are made of sand filled neoprene.
I want them for my home gym because...
- Sand filled bells provide dynamic resistance for more functional workouts.
- They are quiet and won't mark up my floors.
- The bells are easily removed and can be used as individual bells.
- They disassemble for compact packing when I head to the park or beach for a workout.
- They won't roll around in the back of my vehicle when I am mobile.
$39.99-$87.99 each dumbbell
Image credit: hyperwear
Fitbench by Woodway
Fitbench is a multipurpose storage bench that comes loaded with all the accessories. It's built heavy duty for commercial use but is perfect for home users too. It comes loaded with the following:
6 sets of commercials dumbbells weights (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 lbs)
2 commercial kettlebells (20, 30 lbs)
1 slam ball (25 lbs)
3 resistance exercise bands
I want one for my home gym because...
- It's solid
- It serves as an adjustable bench, step, plyobox and anchor.
- It stores a lot of gear in one compact location
$2495 + freight
GlideFit, by Glide Stand up boards
This inflatable floating fitness mat is designed for indoor or outdoor pool use. It can be used for high intensity training, yoga and Pilates.
I want one because...
Yoga, stretching and interval training while floating on a pool or lake? Sounds like a fun and challenging way to shake things up!